When we are looking for high-performance laptops, it is obvious that they can be super expensive but the good news because there are some high-end laptops that are available for under $500. Moreover, not just one but you will find more than many best laptops under 500.
Being tight on a budget is every students’ and working guys/women’s problem and everyone needs a laptop someday. We have come up with a list that will show the best laptops under 500 with the latest specs, so you don’t have to worry about burdening your pockets. Below, you will find what’s good and what’s not of each laptop, a detailed review, buying guide, and FAQs.
Table of Contents
1. ACER ASPIRE-5 SLIM LAPTOP, 15.6’’ FULL HD IPS DISPLAY.
Acer Aspire 5 comes with the feature of portability and power at the same time. From every day computing to using heavy software for professional development, with it being powerful, it can handle all. It can technically handle all kind of tasks due to its AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Mobile Processor. One of the best laptops under 500 has more benefits like if you are a creative person then you can score your creativity to new heights with its crisp IPS display while almost bezel-less screen gives you more space to work. With a single charge, it can go for almost 8 hours.
2. MICROSOFT SURFACE LAPTOP GO – 12.4’’ TOUCHSCREEN.
Now you will be making most of your every day with this laptop. Not only its performance, you get to work all day with a prolonged battery life along with stylish sleek design. The company claims that they have launched the lightest of this series and one of the most secure laptops as well. Why do we say that this is the best laptop under 500 because other than a traditional sign-in process, this one comes with a fingerprint power button. It also has different sign-in modes like One Touch and Windows Hello.
3. 2021 HP PAVILION 15.6’’ HD LAPTOP.
It is a super durable laptop and you don’t have to worry about it getting a fall because it has a 1-year warranty on upgraded SSD and RAM with 1-year of manufacturing warranty as well. This is among the best laptops under 500 for designers who need to see each and every detail since it has the resolution of 1366×768 with one of a kind color clarity and the screen has the features of micro edge WLED, energy efficient and it is anti-glare as well.
4. 2021 NEWEST HP STREAM 14’’ HD NON-TOUCH LAPTOP.
If you are looking for a laptop where you will mostly be using the internet and not using heavy software then this is the mid-range laptop recommended for you. Even though it is a 14’’ laptop, its resolution is the same as of HP Pavilion 15.6’’, having the resolution of 1366×768, with bright view 220 nits and 74% screen to body ratio. The graphics card is half a level less than the above-mentioned laptop, it has UHD Graphics 600. It has a sleek design which is suitable for an entry-level laptop user.
5. LENOVO IDEAPAD 3 15’’ HD LAPTOP.
As compared to different entry-level laptops where you cannot use heavy software, with this laptop, you can easily use spreadsheets and somewhat heavy software and the ergonomic keyboard will speed up your productivity and save you a lot of effort as well. Hear what you see with the amazing and all-powerful Dolby Audio speakers and this laptop comes with simple yet groundbreaking security tech solutions. It comes with a physical webcam shutter, close the shutter of the webcam when you are done video calling.
6. DELL INSPIRON 15.6’’ HD LAPTOP.
Most basic laptops have a small screen but you get all the latest features with the high-tech specs in Dell Inspiron 15.6’’ HD Laptop. You can smoothly run any kind of application while listening to your playlist and while downloading a whole season – all these tasks can be done at the same time without fear of glitches or the laptop getting stuck at any point. All this is because of the 8 GB high bandwidth RAM. It also has a 1-year warranty on upgraded SSD and RAM along with 1-year manufacturing guarantee.
7. ASUS VIVOBOOK 15 F515 THIN & LIGHT LAPTOP.
It is hard to believe that it is a laptop under 500 and the best as well, we basically liked its metallic design and a sleek finish making it look very professional. It has a 15.6’’ Nano Edge Full HD bezel display and shockingly, it has 83% screen to body ratio giving you an ultra-wide display. The laptop provides a stable platform resulting in you never getting tired of typing even for straight long hours. It is also a level up in security because it has a built-in fingerprint sensor and Windows Hello.
8. FUSION5 14.1’’ A90B + PRO 64GB WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP.
It has a dual band Wi-Fi system which means that you can download huge files and upload massively huge files faster than ever. It does the transferring 2 times faster than any other laptop in this list and all because of its 5 GHz Wi-Fi. According to different benchmark tests, this laptop can handle all sorts of tasks at the same time and also supports HDD up to 1 TB. And the best part is that it has 12 months USA warranty and assistance from service centers.
9. ASUS LAPTOP L210 ULTRA THIN 11.6’’.
This laptop should also be in the list of best laptops under $200 because it is under this range. The design and structure of this laptop might be a shocker because it has a numeric keypad on the touchpad. And another shocker is that its hinges can lay flat up to 180 degrees. And that is why it got the award of Best Laptop Brand in 2020. This laptop is unbelievably amazing because its battery goes for 12 hours in a single charge and moreover, it is a fast processing laptop.
10. SAMSUNG CHROMEBOOK XE303C12-A01 11.6’’ LAPTOP.
The first thing you need to know that it is an Amazon Renewed Laptop which means that it is guaranteed by Amazon. It is a basic laptop with a very fast process; Samsung Exynos 5250 Dual Core Processor, small screen with super bright resolution is what every late-night study group wants; it has the resolution of 1366×769. It also comes with a dual band Wi-Fi, now students won’t have to worry about last minute large files submission.
General Buyer’s Guide – How to Buy a Laptop 2021
Here are 10 things to keep in mind when you are buying your very first laptop:
- Size: the size of the laptop largely depends on how much you want it to be portable. You must know that laptops sizes start from 10 inches to 17.5 inches and all have their own pros and cons. But keep in mind that a laptop from 10 inches to 14 inches does not support heavy-duty tasks.
- Screen: staring at a laptop without getting tired is one heck of a desire but there are some intelligently made displays like display with glossiness and a good pixel resolution. Now, you can find screen quality in 4K as well.
- Keyboard: either you are a gamer, developer or a writer, you will obviously need keys that are soft. The keyboard should be according to latest ergonomic standards.
- CPU: if you want to use laptop for watching movies or seasons or just making a huge playlist then we suggest that you get an entry-level laptop having Core i3 and if you are managing a company via laptop then we suggest that you opt for Core i7 based system.
- RAM and Storage: just remember, the more RAM and storage the laptop has, the better its performance will be.
- USB: latest laptops USB ports start from 2.0 to 3.3.
- Exterior: a lightweight laptop can never take a hit in case you drop it and a heavy weighing laptop can survive much easier.
Q: What will happen if I never shut down my laptop
Ans: The laptop’s graphic card, process and RAM will be under stress at all times and at some point, laptop’s performance will be affected.
Q: What is best; shutting a laptop or sleep mode?
Ans: If you are going on a quick break then don’t turn it off, put it on sleep mode and vice versa.
Q: Is it okay to overcharge my laptop?
Ans: It is totally fine if you leave the laptop overnight on overcharge.